To get a medical license (Approbation in Germany): You need to have and translate (?) these documents

Lists of documents to be taken and translated into German


*** Can you give any feedback about the list above? ***

This is a suggested list for papers to be taken with you to Germany. Some need to be translated and legalized here in Jordan. There is a debate about translation and legalization in Jordan since it costs a lot (the German embassy takes 44 JD per document, with few exception like birth certificate for 20 JD). Many confidently say that you can translate everything in German and it will be much cheaper. Regardless where you will translate, you need to have all the above documents with you when you travel. In Germany, the not integral papers (e.g., curriculum) mostly are not requested to be translated. This depends on the medical licensing authority where you are applying for an Approbation (23 authority as of 2013) (see the list here:


Last updated by at .

Do you want to share anything with the world? You can write comments in the box below using Facebook or in the box following that using any email address.

Comment using any name and any e-mail address (if you want to receive notifications of new comments or posts, then please check the respective checkboxs):

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.