Among the different statistics that wordpress freely offer to blog owners is statistics about the commenters (here is a post about all statistics offered by WordPress). I thought I would dedicate a post to the top commenters in my Blog since its establishment in 05/05/2007. I have never published such a post in my life.
Before putting the list, I need to explain two points:
1) WordPress counts the comments of the blog owner in its statistics. Therefore, I sit on the top of the list of the commenters on my blog.
2) When people make comments in wordpress blog, they are asked to provide an obligatory email address. Comments that for each email are counted separately. For example, a person who made 11 comments with his email address firstname.lastname@example.org, and then made 11 comments with another email address email@example.com. This means that this person will have two different counts of his comments regardless whether he typed the same name when he made all the 22 comment.
To summarize, I should exclude myself from the list. The comments of a person who made commetns using two different e-mail addresses should be summed together.
Based on the above, the top all-time commenters in my blog are:
1) Mjalle Bawalsah (مجلي بوالصة)
3) Mazen Kheetan
4) Michael Zeleny
N.B. Comments of Mr. Mjalle Bawalseh (مجلي بوالصة) are split into two 11s because he used two different emails to make comments in my blog.
The Commenters: Since this is something that I did only once during the 6.5 years, I want to explain a little bit about the top commenters.
1) Mr. Mjalle Bawalsah: The first comment of him in my Blog was on and his last comment was today. We come from the same village (Smakieh). He is an English teacher. Just like many people in my village, I just know them in name and shape. I never interacted with them. This was the case with Mr. Bawalseh until he came to know me through my Blog. I met him only one time in person after that. It is my honor Mr. Bawalsah
2) Tania: The first comment of her in my blog was on and the last comment was on. I do not know any information about Miss Tania except her name and the comments that she posted in one posts of mine. The post about the closure of the free books site Library.nu. This posts is the most commented post in my Blog. Actually, most of Tania’s comments were not with me but with other commenters in the post.
3) Mazen Kheetan: He is a friend of mine. We went to the same university. He made a lot of comments at the beginning of my establishing this Blog. Acutally, he was virtually the only commenters in the first two years of the establishing of my Blog. Thank you my dear friend. You always impressed me by your English 🙂 You motivated me to improve my English, particularly my vocabulary.
4) Michael Zeleny:Like Miss Tania, I do not know anything about Mr. Zeleny except his name and the comments he made on the posts about Library.nu and another related post about it. His most comments were with other users that made commets in the same posts.
5) Abssolutesardonics: I do not the real name of this person. This is a title of a Jordanian Blog. Its owner uses it as a commenting neckname. The last comment of this user in my Blog was in 14/09/2009. I never heard from him again. The date of the last commen in his/her blog (www.absolutesardonics.wordpress.com) is also 14/09/2009. Where is absolutesardonics now? I hope that he/she is well.
Thank you all for having the time to write your precious ideas and opinions in my blog. I hope that I added something useful to your information. I learnt a lot too by reading your comments. Comments are one reason why blogs are great!
Since I am learning German since July, I would like to say thank you again with this beautiful photo that says “Thank you” in German (Danke):